2. I can never leave home without my iPhone. Plus, a lot of the time I’m playing music while I’m at the beach. Pandora is one of my favorite apps.
3. Since I can’t typically accessorize much in my bathing suit, I take the opportunity to find the perfect pair of sunglasses for my day at the beach. I always go for an oversized pair of sunglasses to shield away as much sun as I can from my face (in particular my eyes). I always leave my designer shades at home and just go for a cute cheap pair at the beach since you’ll be dealing with sand, sunscreen and can easily end up scratching them or losing them. — I cannot emphasize this enough! Here are some of my favorite pairs and won’t break the bank:
4. Of course, you have to protect your feet from the hot sand with a cute pair of flip-flops. For the beach, I try to pick an affordable but cute pair since it might get wet, sandy and a little beat up. These are the perfect pair and at such a steal!
5. Good reading material is essential for my trips to the beach. I typically bring a few different magazines because I love to catch up on fashion, upcoming trends and beauty tips while I’m laying out.
6. Every beach bag needs a good beach towel, duh.
7. I always like to bring with me a cute breezy dress or cover up in case I walk off the beach for a drink or food. Also, you never know where you might be headed post beach activities. This cute piece is from Design History & I like how it is open knit & breezy.
9. Ladies (and gentlemen)…A sunburn is not a desirable summer style and frankly…they just hurt (and suck). Keep in mind, I am an Esthetician so this step means THE world to me!! It’s SO important to be smart and pile on the SPF when it comes to sun exposure. Just because you are young and pretty and have beautiful skin does not mean you can forget about it. I cannot stress this enough. The one thing I hear my clients say over and over again is that they “wish they had been better about sun protection when they were younger.” I kid you not, this has to be the NUMBER ONE complaint I hear from women. I always say IF (and only IF) you are very bad about sunscreen the least you can do is put it on your face, wear sunglasses & bring a hat. Your face is most important so be smart!! Make sure to pick a sunscreen that is UVA & UVB protection. It’s important to protect from both rays. I like this one from Neutrogena because it is their beach defense line and water-resistant although I always say it’s smart to re-apply after being in the water. Lastly, always protect your lips with SPF chapstick!