You all know I have been teaming up with Pinnacle Vodka the past few months sharing some of my favorite recipes. For today’s post we wanted to change things up and share with you all some tips on how to throw the perfect summer block party perfect for the neighborhood.
1. Food and drinks are always the most important thing about throwing a party and to have everyone happy, you definitely want to start up the grill. To keep costs down and make your life a lot easier, you can always have a potluck. When people RSVP, just have them let you know which dish they will bring so that you don’t end up with eight pasta salads and such. For grilling you can provide hot dogs & hamburgers (or whichever meat you prefer) or just let the families know to bring their own meat for the grill!
2. Think about who you want to invite. If you live in a small neighborhood, invite every resident. However, if you live in a very large neighborhood it could get quite overwhelming. Instead, just invite people living on a particular street or a couple streets. Make a flyer or print a template online like this watermelon shaped invitation which adds a cute touch and gives off that summer vibe.
3. Of course, have the perfect cocktail for your guests. Think, refreshing and easy. This Pinnacle Beach House would be the perfect drink for a summer party and it’s so simple. Plus, you could make a larger batch to accommodate more people.
Pinnacle Beach House
2 Parts Pinnacle Tropical Punch Vodka
1 Part DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur
3 Parts Cranberry Juice
Splash Fresh Lime Juice
Directions: Mix in a glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
4. I always love to use fun colored straws for my guests. Lately I’ve been using these red/white striped straws – you can pretty much find them anywhere and they are more fun than the ordinary straw.
5. If you are going to have any kind of set-up where you would like your guests to be seated, I like to find interesting ways for name cards. A very unique way is to use a lemon, write the person’s name on the lemon and set it on their plate (or next to it). It’s different and perfect for summer. Guarantee your guests will love it!
6. Since there may be kids and it’s obviously a hot summer day, what better way than to cool off with an ice cream cone? Buy cones and just add a couple scoops on top and everyone will be pleased, even the adults. I mean, I would 🙂
7. Oh my goodness, words cannot express to you how much I love mason jars. They serve so many different functions in my house. You can serve cocktails in them, use them as a vase for fresh flowers, hold your straws in, and more. Honestly the possibilities are endless. They give that perfect summer feeling and I just love the look of them!
8. Whether you have a sit down table or a “serve yourself” table, use an outdoor table cloth to protect your furniture and make cleanup that much easier. For summer, I love to use the red & white gingham print, plus it goes really well with the rest of the theme.
9. Lastly, I am a huge flower lover. I am obsessed with having fresh flowers in my home and always make sure when I have guests over that they are on display as well. For an outdoor summer party, I would definitely choose some beautiful sunflowers to set the mood. They are bright and colorful and add that extra touch. Don’t forget, if you don’t have traditional vases, mason jars make the perfect alternative!
Hope you guys enjoyed these simple tips. If you have any others you’d like to share, make sure to leave me a comment down below!
Pinnacle Vodka shakes things up with unexpected experiences and delightful discoveries. Explore with other fun flavors at http://www.pinnaclevodka.com. Check us out at www.facebook.com/pinnaclevodkas or find more fun entertaining and drink ideas on our pinterest page at http://www.pinterest.com/pinnaclevodka
Pinnacle is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. and is used with permission. This is a sponsored partnership, with Pinnacle Vodka, via Mode Media. The information, comments, and ideas expressed on this website are those of the author and do not reflect the opinions or positions of Jim Beam Brands Co., its affiliated companies, or any of their directors or employees.