1. Use a Gentle Cleanser: So many of my clients come in for the first time and tell me all the products that they are using and I just cringe. Mostly because they are all very irritating and drying on the skin. It’s so important to use gentle skin care products. Many people think if they have breakouts they always have to go for all the very strong and harsh products but nine times out of ten it’s making things worse! Go gentle all the time. My favorite are gentle milky cleansers.
2. Exfoliate: Exfoliate once a week but using again a gentle exfoliant. I like enzymes or creams with glycolic in them. They are very effective and non drying and irritating.
3. Drink lots of water: Make sure your always drinking lots of water as dehydrated skin is no to desirable. It really makes a difference and it helps flush out all the toxins in your body so they don’t appear in the form of those pesky breakouts.
4. Use SPF: It’s so important that when you are in the sun you are applying a good SPF! Not doing so can lead to skin cancer, wrinkles, and lots of sun damage – I see it ALL the time in my profession! Try to find one that is light and does not clog the pores.
5. Moisturize! Okay — many clients we see ALWAYS tell us they are oily. Even the most dry client will tell us they are oily. I don’t know what it is but people — it’s ok to be dry!! In fact, if you know and realize you’re dry its great because it is time to start moisturizing! Keep in mind, wrinkles and such are more visible on dry skin so keep that skin hydrated.
6. Get your beauty sleep! I don’t know about you guys but when I don’t get enough sleep my skin looks terrible. Make sure you get enough sleep so your skin is as refreshed as you are!
Today’s post was brought to you by Mirvaso from Galderma Laboratories, L.P. Mirvaso is used for the treatment of persistent facial erythema of rosacea or the treatment of persistent facial redness of rosacea. Myself, I don’t struggle with either of these conditions, however in my profession I see many who do which is why I thought it was important to talk about taking care & treating the skin rather hiding it all the time with makeup and such. It’s time to get confident about beautiful skin 🙂
Important Safety Information
Indication: Mirvaso® (brimonidine) topical gel, 0.33% is an alpha adrenergic agonist indicated for the topical treatment of persistent (nontransient) facial erythema of rosacea in adults 18 years of age or older. Adverse Events: In clinical trials, the most common adverse reactions (≥1%) included erythema, flushing, skin burning sensation and contact dermatitis. Warnings/Precautions: Mirvaso Gel should be used with caution in patients with depression, cerebral or coronary insufficiency, Raynaud’s phenomenon, orthostatic hypotension, thromboangiitis obliterans, scleroderma, or Sjögren’s syndrome. Alpha-2 adrenergic agents can lower blood pressure. Mirvaso Gel should be used with caution in patients with severe or unstable or uncontrolled cardiovascular disease. Serious adverse reactions following accidental ingestion of Mirvaso Gel by children have been reported. Keep Mirvaso Gel out of reach of children. Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.