I love Summer. It’s probably my favorite time of the year and while that’s all amazing, my hair and makeup doesn’t always agree. It can be hot, my hair looks greasy, I get a spotchy tan and my makeup might melt — eek! Plus sometimes we might not have access to anything other than some household items which is why over the years I have found some of the best beauty hacks that get me through the summer with ease.
1. Stick to Waterproof Makeup. Leave the heavy, streaky makeup alone & stick to waterproof mascaras & eyeliners so that you don’t find yourself in an embarrassing melt-down.
2. Use products that cool you down. I love Julep’s Luxe Lip treatment because it uses certain ingredients like palladium that are cool to the touch when applied so you will get that burst of coolness when you need it most.
3. Beach Waves. My favorite part about summer is you can get those sexy beach waves just by dipping into some fresh sea water. Ummm amazing!! But if you can’t get the ocean, use Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. It’s so easy to use and you’ll instantly get that summer hair without all the work.
4. Make hair removal easy. I love using the VEET In-Shower Hair Removal Cream because it’s just so easy and since I can do it in the shower it cuts my time and there’s no mess. Basically, all I do before I jump in the shower is I apply the cream all over my legs, wait two minutes then jump in. I shampoo & condition my hair and by the time I’m done I rinse it off and voila, silky smooth legs! You can also use it anywhere else on your body.
5. Liquid Lipstick. Cream based lipsticks can easily smear so try using a long lasting liquid lipstick for a lightweight and seamless finish.
6. Bug Off! Here is a fun one — when I was in the Dominican Republic I was seriously eaten alive by mosquitos. Okay, maybe that’s an exaggeration but it was pretty darn close. I was spraying bug repellent about 20 times a day (no joke). If any of you have used bug repellent spray you know it smells bad, and feels sticky & icky so I was on the hunt for a new method. Once I got back someone told me about using dryer sheets — YES! Dryer sheets repel bugs and it’s better to smell like freshly washed clothing than nasty bug spray right?! To rebel bugs, just rub dryer sheets all over your clothes and your body then keep a couple in your pocket or purse for emergencies. The scent will repel bugs without needing to spray yourself like I did every 10 minutes.
7. Sweat Free Hair. Okay, I know I’m not alone when I say I HATE blow drying my hair in the summer. I get hot, sticky and then sweat which then means my hair gets greasy & icky. To avoid this, apply a powder deodorant to the back of your neck and wait 10 minutes before blow drying your hair. It has the same effect on your neck as it does under your arms.
8. Baby Powder Cure All. Baby Powder I have found can have a few uses. For one, when I’m in a pinch, I use baby powder as a dry shampoo to absorb excess oil. Now heres another fun one. Who loves the beach so much but hates having sand stuck to you? Sprinkle baby powder on your feet and legs and anywhere else you have sand and the powder will absorb all the moisture on your skin from sweat & salt water and you will be able to wipe off all the sand right away. No more getting sand in your car and home! Yipee!
9. Get rid of Stains. I hate stains. I hate stains even more than are impossible to get out. If you’re in a pinch & totally out of spot remover, squeeze lemon juice onto the stains before tossing it into the washer. The acidity of the lemon will lift the stains (and even sweat stains) right out!
10. The dreaded splotchy tan. OMG, we all have done it. Gone to the spray tan or used a self tanner at home and found yourself with streaks, orange patches and blotchiness all over. Nothing worse. The best way to remove this is to mix together baking soda and a little bit of water to create a paste. Then just use the mixture on your skin to gently exfoliate where you need to even it out & you will be thanking me after!
Let me know if any of you have tried these in the comment section below!
Veet helps you feel smooth all summer long.
There’s nothing like the feeling of freedom that summer brings.
Compensation was provided by Reckitt Benckiser via MODE Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Reckitt Benckiser.