Every year, Spring/Summer always means its time to give my wardrobe & home a makeover.
After a while and especially during the winter months I don’t know about you but my closet starts to get out of control and so unorganized. I always want my room to reflect the the seasons and right now that means I’m integrating lots of color back into my wardrobe/closet. At the moment I currently have a room dedicated to my clothing, shoes and accessories. I guess you can call it my – dressing room. With my busy schedule it can be so easy to let it get out of control so today I had a mission it was time to get control of the room and make it the space I have always wanted while prepping for summer.
— BEFORE —
— AFTER —
|I love using books to place on display on shelves and use simple decorative accents like candles, plants, and even a pair of your cutest heels!|
|As you can see in my “after” photo, I have incorporated a lot more organized color into my room. It was important to me to bring the feel of summer into my home. I also added things I love, like plants and lots of candles. I took out all my dark colored clothing from my racks and had all fresh bright clothing to help with outfit inspiration. I also added placed thee 4 white bins to the very bottom row to add uniformity.|
As you can see, I made simple changes to instantly prep my room/wardrobe for summer. I took out all those blacks and grays and swapped them out for bold brights and colors! I also spruced up my shelving by making more organized and also adding pops of color where I could to give my room the feel of summer. Re-organizing and updating my room took a few hours and normally I wouldn’t have the motivation to spend the time doing it but thanks to Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee, it gave me the energy I needed to get through it all and let me tell you – I couldn’t be happier!
Here are my tips to sprucing up your room and making it feel more like summer:
1. Get rid of clutter. Clutter makes the room look smaller, unorganized and makes it hard to find what you’re looking for.
2. Use decorative boxes to store smaller items. This makes the room look a lot more organized (and you can hide the mess away).
3. Add plants, flowers or greenery to instantly liven up your space. If you’re not good with real flowers, fake ones are beautiful too!
4. Put all your dark colors, heavy sweaters and thick pants in the back of your closet and bring out the colors, maxi dresses and bold prints. This will help in future outfit inspiration.
5. Put your favorites on display! Do you have that favorite bag, or pair of shoes? Well, showcase it in shelving or around your room. They make for amazing decorative accents to a room.
Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks® coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings; Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks® Iced Coffee ready-to drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Compensation was provided by Starbucks® Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks® Coffee Company.