If you can’t already tell by all my posts, I’m a pretty big fan of a classic red lip. I don’t think enough women wear it & I think it’s one of the many perks of being a girl! I assume the reason behind all this is it can be so hard to find ways to pull off
a classic red lip for daytime wear. In my opinion, there is no other way to spice up and pull together your look as easily & effectively as with a red lip. Take a basic look such as neutral makeup & a pair of jeans, add red lipstick & voila! You instantly exude class & elegance.
My steps to the perfect daytime red lip:
1. A red lip requres an even complexion. Use your cover up, powder, foundation or tinted moisturizer to get that nice, even complexion. My favorite at the moment that I find gives me a great even complexion is Make Up Forever HD Foundation.
|Necklace c/o Sira & Mara|
2. For eyes, keep it VERY simple! Only use mascara. You can use a simple liner if you absolutely have to but keep it very subtle! I personally do not wear liner during the day especially when I wear red lipstick.
3. Wear a matching blush. I love love love Nars Blush in Exhibit A is absolutely stunning. It’s a sheer matte texture that gives cheeks a beautiful rosy flush. Use with a light hand and if needed continue adding. Better to start off slow!
I believe blush should always be close to the same color of your lips. A red blush is probably a little terrifying but if done very subtly it can be perfect with a red lip!
4. Avoid a high shine look. I feel like glossy reds are more for evening. I like to keep my red lips for daytime matte and avoid any lip gloss.
5. This is the most important step of them all–Be confident. It shows when you are stressing or not confident. If you think it looks good when you leave the house then it does! Make everyone else envious that you can pull it off 🙂
Do you guys have any favorite reds for me to try?