Being an Esthetician has it’s perks. I truly understand the importance of caring for your skin! Please please please everyone listen to me when I say take care of your skin! You will be thanking me in 20 years when you half less wrinkles than the girls next to you who didn’t listen 😉 On that note, I thought I would share my nightly skin care regimen. Now let me tell you, it’s not simple. I swear, I have to tell my boyfriend I am going to bed 30 minutes earlier than him just so I can start the process but hey if everything in life were easy we’d all be doing it right?! And yes, I am slightly exaggerating. So lets get to it:
1. Wash your face! Ladies: Never ever go to bed with makeup on! One, it’s icky. And two, it will clog your pores! I think I need to create a post just on this, stay tuned. But honestly, I know too many people who do this so DON’T! The one I use is Algotherm Milk Cleanser available at Martine’s Skin Care
2. Use a toner. I use the Algotherm Toner after I wash my face to get rid of any excess dirt and oil and not to mention makeup that is stubborn & just wont come off.
3. Remove Eye Makeup. Since I don’t wear eye makeup on a daily base this step is sometimes skipped but when I do, I would normally remove my eye makeup with an eye makeup remover at this time.
4. Apply Serums. I use the Collagen & Elastin Gels to provide my skin with additional Collagen. I will mention more of this in another post soon and why I use it. Basically, if you use any serums keep in mind serum is always applied before your moisturizer. Allow to dry before applying moisturizer.
5. Apply Moisturizer. I am a firm believer in Moisturizer. It’s kind of like my “nails on a chalkboard” if I don’t apply it. Honestly, I think if I were stranded on a desert island and was only allowed one item, it would be moisturizer. I always tend to go to bed with a heavy moisturizer. The one I have been using lately is Dr. Grandel A-C-E Night which contains moisturizing antioxidant vitamins A, C & E. Plus, is smells amazing!
5. Apply Eye Cream. I just did a post on eye cream so if you didn’t get it by now, wear that eye cream. I always apply eye cream at the end of my routine on the skin which is thin around the upper and lower eyelids. My favorite (as noted in my previous post) is Dr Grandel Contour Balm.
All products available at Martine’s Skin Care
Feel free to ask me any questions.